I use this on a wooden table next to my desk* in conjunction with a Gravity MA Goose L and a mic.
- Secure clamp, holds evenly and hard.
- Padding that comes into contact with the surface or the object you're clamping onto seems to protect from getting scratches or marks very well.
- Threading feels strong and even
- Rubber grip helps to tighten and loose
- The item shipped with the thread covered in fine black powder. (paint or metal)
*IF YOU PLAN TO ATTACH THIS ON A DESK WITH A KEYBOARD ON TOP, you must have a shock mount on your mic. Otherwise you can not talk while typing, it will resonate VERY loudly.
I fixed my issue by placing the clamp on a desk next to my computer desk and using a goose to adjust the mic in front of me.