Dear fellow musicians and guitar enthusiasts,
I am a hobby guitar player, I consider myself to be advanced beginner/intermediate level player. That said, after looking at a lot of googled photos and online video reviews of this guitar, I decided to purchase it. I own several different guitars, and have played a lot more, and I got friends with some other guitars. I have it for three weeks now, and play it every day, happily :)
Once it arrived:
- the fretboard was very dry and had some white dust over it, strings were rusty. I removed the strings, and used conditioner on it, that really rejuvenated it, and it is quite beautiful ever since. I love the fretboard. It is redish colored, similar to pictures on thomann website. Note that certain videos and pictures online show a dark, black fretboard. This is not the case, it is redish and pau ferro I believe, and it looks, feels, and plays great! I thought I would dislike it in person, and considered darkening it, but I completely changed my mind once I held it in hands.
- Black finish, see through is minimal, like 3%, and I prefer it that way. So very much like in thomann pictures. Excellent quality for this price, no faults.
- knobs and switch are great, knobs are metal, gold color, heavy, feel good when you turn them. Switch is plastic, but ok.
- frets are great, no buzz, not sharp, good quality, feel good
- tuning machines are cheap, a little wobbly, ok, but they work fine. They hold tuning fine!
- Nut is plastic I think, not sure, but it is well made, not sharp, all strings are positioned properly
- Neck is satin, feels good, pretty. Straight.
-Bridge is adjustable, looks great, intonation is fine, action is great (at least for me)
- Sound is awesome. It has a strong character, especially on bridge pickup. I will not change the pickups. I mostly use fender frontman 25r amp. The pickups are cheap of course, so are electronics, but hey, it all works fine. There is a proverb in my country: "every rifle will be deadly in the right hands" :) I have seen skill getting incredible music out of worst instruments. So be critical about the guitar, but also about yourself.
- when I changed strings, the golden holders on the back of the body fell out. That is a minor quality issue, since I put them right back, and once I placed new set of strings, they stayed in place correctly. You can see those in the pictures.
-Guitar looks stunning overall!
- It plays great, the feel is real nice and quite different then rosewood bullet squire fretboard I got, or roasted maple lacquered fretboard on my jet js450, but i like it a lot. Bending is normal, playing is lovely, the wood just feels great, the conditioner really did wonders.
For this price, depending on where you live, you might find similar or slightly better quality new guitar, but probably not. This beautiful? No way. Telecaster like this one for the price? No way. I also considered buying used guitar for my money, but quickly gave up after a few dirty fretboards, broken parts, bent necks etc.
-if you want to play a single guitar, one and only, gather 1000e+ and buy something amazing, skip this one and any other cheaper guitar.
-If you want a great budget guitar, with minor drawbacks in quality (most important stuff is of solid quality imo) get this guitar! I played and had several similarly priced and some more expensive guitars and when I compare them to this one, it holds its ground solid.
-If you want another guitar for a collection - go get it!
-if you like pretty things haha
Hope this helps to make a choice.
All best, kindest regards.