This is my second 418s mike, the first one was unfortunately stolen from me.
I use this MS microphone usually in documentaries for simultaneous recording of dialog (M) and atmosphere (S) or in future film for atmosphere recording.
- size (like normal mkh 416),
- comfort of using (stereo in the size and weight of traditional shotgun),
- durability (metal cover),
- stereo in MS (recording clear dialogs in M, I can decide in post how wide the stereo should be).
- the side mike (S) has really high self-noise level,
- the 5-wire cable weigh quite much.
It is good to have it as an additional mike on movie set, but I would't record music on this.