Bought this for a pair of DT 770 Pro 250's. Love the headphones but after less than a week I'm already considering a new case.
To it's credit here are some pros first:
- The zips and stitching are neat and seem sturdy.
- The internal pocket is great for adapters and the manual.
- The internal liner material achieves a good balance of softness, support and not trapping dirt.
- Although a spare cable won't fit in the pocket, it coils snugly into the circular hole.
Unfortunately these are outweighed by the fustrations:
- It's only hard-ish. It's not as soft as a bag, but it is a thin squidgy shell, then hollow until a shaped tray moulded to fit. A finger prod can easily indent it. Anything heavy on top of it would compress the valuble cargo.
- The outer material has poor resistance to fingerprints and scuffs.
- The room in the case requires the headband to be fully retracted for the ear pads to seat correctly in the intended sockets. Each time I get them out I have to count the clicks to fit my medium-sized head, often with some trial and error. I worry for the longevity of the headband extension mechanism with all this unnecessary wear.
- The headphones can only go one way up - the cable to each driver of the 770s sticks out the "back" so in this case it if they were laid face up, the joint would be crushed by the inlay. So I have to be careful to lay them face down each time. A simple little channel in the inlay could have given this cable safety.
- Worst of all, the handle. Or total lack thereof. The pinch point at the front end of the case is awkward at best, easy to drop and looks like I think it contains dog mess. Instead I tuck it under my arm, but the lack of clip points for a shoulder strap etc limits the options.