- Extremely low-noise Class A JFet amplifier
- For dynamic and ribbon microphones
- 2 Matched JFet transistor pairs
- Input: Balanced 3-pin XLR female
- Output: Balanced 3-pol. XLR male
- Input impedance: 20 kOhm
- Gain: 28 dB (@ 3 kOhm source impedance)
- Frequency response: 10 - 50,000 Hz (+/- 1 dB)
- Requires phantom power: 24 - 48 V.
- Dimensions (L x W): 77 x 22 mm
- Weight: 35 g
- Developed and produced in Germany
Note: Does not allow phantom power to pass through to the microphone
Simple and uncomplicated use
With Thomann's transistor-powered FetAmp, the sound of any dynamic microphone becomes fuller, more dynamic, and warmer due to the direct pre-amplification behind the microphone. Thanks to the low noise level, background noise - which is otherwise noticeable with different methods of pre-amplification in the form of a humming or buzzing sound - is significantly reduced. This is not only beneficial for musicians, but also for podcasters and content creators, because they can give their voices more impact with the compressor connected behind the microphone and the FetAmp. The FetAmp’s convincing features can be summarised above all in its simple and uncomplicated application as well as in its outstanding quality.