I initially bought this in order to replace the bridge pickup on my Ibanez RG 370DX, but over time it ended up in an H-S Strat build that I have. I have to say, this is, by far, the best metal pickup I have come across so far:
- Extremely Articulate;
- Medium Output - great note definition;
- F sized, perfect for all kinds of trems from strat types to Floyd Rose and Ibanez Edge;
- Obnoxiously aggressive sound through both high gain amps and amp simulation plugins;
- Very good chug sound for those interested in that aspect;
- Splittable - and it offers fantastic cleans;
- Yes, it djents.
- None that I can think of regarding my own tastes, however:
- There is a strong mid-range punch in it that may not be suitable for old school metal tones;
- The fact that it is medium output may also mean that you may need to over-saturate an amplifier using a boost or overdrive pedal.
For modern metal, ranging from Gojira to the new Megadeth records, Ola Englund's Feared and, obviously, Periphery, this pickup can easily do it all and the price is very good!