Manley Massive Passive Mastering
This item runs exclusively on an operating voltage of 230V and therefore requires a voltage transformer to run in your country of United States of America.
In present days, no mastering studio can pass a Massive Passive. The Massive Passive is probably the most commonly encountered equaliser in mastering studios and there is a reason. The unique sound and the unique way of operation enabling filtering options which can't be realised with other EQs set this device apart. The four parametric filters per channel are coupled in parallel. Thus, the Massive Passive behaves differently than other EQ - you can create curves for which you would need 6 bands with conventionally operating EQ.
How does it sound? The passive filters are very transparent and only the tubes lend character to the device. The centres are legendary and many believe there is nothing better for Rock. But even with acoustic music the Massive Passive retains an open character, even if a little more action has to be taken at times. In the bass and treble ranges, curves can be generated which are similar to the Manley Pultec. Just by varying the bandwidth a powerful and crisp, or a fat and warm bass can be created. The mastering version does not have discrete resistors behind the front panel like the SLAM! or VariMu, but works with mechanically stepped pots with a narrower range providing a higher resolution. You can use the standard version for mastering, no problem. When processing individual signals you just lean in a bit.
- Mastering version with stepped potentiometers and changed filters for mastering applications
- 4 Bands per channel
- Circuit completely passive
- Overlapping frequency ranges
- Each band offers the possibility of Shelf or Bell
- Each band: Cut, boost and off
- Tube make-up gain
- Passive high-pass and low-pass filter
- Level +4 dBU (can be switched to 10 internally)
- EQ frequency control range: 22 - 27000 Hz
- EQ Boost/cut range: 20 dB boost/20 dB cut
- Frequency range: +/- 2 dB: 8-60,000 Hz
- Maximum output at 1.5% THD dBv +37, +26 dBv at 20 Hz
- THD & Noise (1KHz at +4 dBu): 0.06%
- Noise floor (relative to +4 dBu): -85 DB (A Weight)
- Dynamic range: 120dB
- Bypass switch
- Inputs and outputs as balanced XLR and 6.3 mm TRS
- Weight: approx. 9.5 kg
|Height units||3 U|
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.