I just placed an order, has my credit card/PayPal/AmazonPay account been charged already?
When you place an order using credit card as payment, the order amount is automatically reserved on that card.
Note however that a 'reservation' is NOT a 'charge'.
Once your order is shipped, this 'reservation' is converted into the actual charge.
In the event that your order cannot be shipped, like when an item is out of stock, the reservation will remain for 30 days before automatically expiring.
This same principle is also true for Paypal and AmazonPay: the reservation remains until either order shipment or for the maximum 30 days (180 days with AmazonPay).
Further interesting questions
- How can I pay?
- What's the fastest and easiest payment method?
- Are there any fees, extra charges or minimum quantities etc?
- What about exchange rates if I'm based in the UK?
- Do I have to pay VAT?
- Can I buy VAT-free if I'm ordering for a company?
- Am I liable for Import Tax?
- Can I use Electron or Virtual E-Cards?
- Paying with your credit card with the 3D Secure payment system
- Payment by bank transfer
- How can I use a store credit against my order?
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.