How should you package the return?
This packing advice is designed to show you how to pack your return safely in order to avoid any damages to your property. Appropriate packaging is particularly important with parcel shipments, since the packages have to withstand a theoretical fall from (approximately) one meter in height.
Please take the time to read these packing tips carefully. It’s worth the effort – to ensure your return arrives safely with us.
- Masking tape, adhesive tape or packthreads are not suitable for sealing such a cardboard box.
- Do not use crumpled newspaper as padding material, although you can use it in order to fill empty spaces in the package.
- In case you are reusing an old cardboard box for packing, please make sure that all old labels and barcodes have been removed or blanked out.
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS:
- stable carton
- bubble wrap
- packing tape and cutter/knife
- padding material; such as air cushions and scrunched up paper
1. Wrap the article generously into bubble wrap and fix it with packing tape.
2. Tape and reinforce the bottom of a cardboard box.
3. Fill the bottom (10cm approximately) of the package with padding material.
4. Next place the wrapped article inside the cardboard box and wedge packing material into the space around it.
5. Add a layer of padding material on top. Please make sure that the product is packed tight and is not moving around in the parcel.
6. Seal the lid with tape and apply tape along all the open seams of the parcel as well.
7. Please attach the return label clearly visible on the outside of the parcel.