How do I pack my wind instrument?
Our packing hints are supposed to show you, how to pack your return safely, in order to avoid any damages to your property. An ideal packaging is particularly important with parcel shipments, since the packages have to withstand a theoretical fall out of (approximately) one meter height.
- stable cardboard packaging
- bubble wrap
- packing tape and cutter
- padding material like crumpled paper or air cushion
As a first step, fix the instrument to the case so that it cannot be moved around anymore. Fill the bell with padding material. Use as much padding material until light pressure is required for the lid of the case to be closed.
Instruments without case:
Fill the bell with padding material. Wrap the instruments into several layers of bubble wrap or a foam sheet. The upholstery should at least have a thickness of 5 centimeters. Fix the wrapping with packing tape.
Cover the bottom with padding material up to a height of approximately 10 cm. After that, put the wrapped article into the cardboard box.
Fill up the verges around the article. There should be approximately 10 cm of padding material between the article and the cardboard box. Afterwards, cover the article with padding material. Please make sure that the article sits tightly in the cardboard box and cannot be moved around anymore.
Tape the cardboard box on all edges where tears might occur. It is important that you also tape the bottom of the box.
- Crepe tape, Sellotape . or packthreads are not suitable for sealing such a cardboard box.
- Crumpled newspaper is not suited as padding material. You can use it in order to fill out hollow spaces.
- In case you are reusing an old cardboard box for packing, please make sure that all old labels and barcodes have been removed or blurred.
- Please note: the packing material used by you, will be disposed of!
How does your Money-Back Guarantee work?
Who will help me if I have technical problems?
Do you repair or service older equipment?
How about updates etc? Do I get any?
Will you trade in my old equipment?
How do I pack my return consignment?
How do I pack my guitar?
How do I pack my piano?
How do I report a damaged shipment?
This is how you can reach us
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.