Shure WB98 H/C
Miniature Instrument Microphone
The Shure Beta 98H / C (also known as WB98H / C for use with wireless systems) is a high-quality, permanently polarised condensation microphone with a cardioid polar pattern that is attached either to the bell of wind instruments or to the tensioning ring of drums or percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and the pivotable clamp connection make it easy to align the microphone and secure it. An isolating vibration absorber reduces the transmission of flap and other mechanical noises. The included swan neck fixation is designed to keep the microphone in the optimum position when moving more strongly.
The Beta 98H / C operates with a transformerless preamplifier circuitry for better linearity over the entire transmission range, while the cardioid polar pattern provides high feedback-resistant gains and an excellent suppression of unwanted subsonic noises. The high maximum sound pressure level makes it possible to meet the extreme requirements of brass, woodwind and percussion instruments.
The Beta 98H / C comes with a latching windscreen, a case, a swan neck fixation and a cable holder. The preamplifier can be operated with any 11 - 52 volt phantom power. Where there is no phantom power, the WB98H / C can be used with the battery powered MX1BP preamplifier.
- With permanently polarised condensate capsule
- Integrated clothing clip and gooseneck
- Snap-on foam windscreen
- Specifically suitable for Winds
- TQG port for direct connection to wireless systems
- Optimised frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Interchangeable capsules available with optional different polar patterns
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output impedance: 150 Ohm
- Open circuit sensitivity: -56 dBV / Pa (1.6 mV)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 163 dB SPL
- Self-noise (equivalent SPL): 31 dB (A)
- Power supply: 11 to 52 V
- Weight of the microphone: 65 g
These are other customers' choices:
Customers who looked at this item have bought these:
We're looking forward to hearing from you and aim to solve any problems as soon as we can.